cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.

I recently asked a question on how to to ask the bankruptcy

I recently asked a question on how to to ask the bankruptcy judge to compel the mortgage lender to give me a full statement of account that the lender refused to give me so I could complete my Chapter 13 plan.

I was told to write a letter and request from the judge that he issue a formal subpoena.

However, when I submitted it, I was told that, while they would accept anything I give them, that it would not likely be acted upon unless it was in the form of a "request for an order". Further, I was given a form that needed to be completed to request a subpoena.

So I'm back a the beginning. I need to know how to do this so that the court would respond. Is there a specific form or format to use? Are there specific words I need to sate?

How will I know, after I submit, yet another request, that it has been acted upon?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 5 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

Here is the form you can use:

Where is says, "[Designation of Character of Paper]", you can put "Request for an Order".

Under "Request for an order", you would fill in the details of what you are asking for (an order to compel the lender to provide the information you are requesting).