Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

i was have madical bills on my cradit reports and they in

Customer Question

i was have madical bills on my cradit reports and they in (colection) i naver pay them but they are no more on my cradit reports becasue they are more then 10 years old MY Question is this----- if i depost now money in my chacking account colection agences can hold my chacking account to get ther money or they can no becasue those accounts with colection are not any more on my cradit reports
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 5 years ago.

Terry L. :

Hi and thank you for your question. In the future, you can request me to answer any further questions.

Terry L. :

A creditor must sue you before they can seize a bank account. The general statute of limitations is 6 years from the date of the last payment or 6 yrs from the date the debt was incurred, whichever is later.

Terry L. :

payments can restart the statute.

Terry L. :

if the creditors sue, the statute of limitations is your defense.

so they can not took money from me or my bank accountes becasue madical bills are mor then 6 year now

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it was question that i ask u be fore one year u can read it again i ask u i wana now oppen bank account creditor not sue my bank account aganst madical billes those bills now 8 years old and naver pay in last 8 year