Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

A question concerning Chapter 7 - when listing creditors on

A question concerning Chapter 7 - when listing creditors on the bk filing and you have 3 credit cards with one bank do you list each credit card or just the bank?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 5 years ago.

Terry L. :

Hi and thank you for your question. In the future, you can request me to answer any further questions.

Terry L. :

You can either list all 3 separately, or list them as one, and in the description, put 'three credit card accounts' and the last 4 digits of each account number.

Terry L. :

That is really your choice.

Terry L. :

Thanks for your question, good luck.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
One last question - does the amount owed have to be exact as I will not necessarily know the ending figure due to late charges and interest?
Expert:  Terry L. replied 5 years ago.
NO, it does not need to be exact, but be as close as possible. IF you pulled a credit report before preparing the petition, use that amount, or use the amount from the most recent statement.