socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

Our letter of credit has been rejected by the beneficiary bank.

Our letter of credit has been rejected by the beneficiary bank. The issuing bank then made amendments and had it confirmed by their USA corespondent. Will the beneficiary bank re evaluate the LC based on new amendments, or since they rejected the LC will the issuer have to open a new LC.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.
The beneficiary bank will reevaluate the new amendments. There is no reason to reinvent the wheel, just because the original LC was rejected.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answering your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.