TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I FILE FOR CHAPTER 7 SEPTEMBER 2009 AND GO DISCHARGE ON JANUARY

I FILE FOR CHAPTER 7 SEPTEMBER 2009 AND GO DISCHARGE ON JANUARY 2010, MY HOUSE IS GOIN FOR A FORCLUSURE AND THE ONLY WAY TO STOP IS FILLING PETITION FOR CHAPTER 7 SINCE YOU NEED TO WAIT 8 YEARS TO FILE AGAIN, DO I GET IN TROUBLE TO DO SO SINCE IS ONLY ONE YEAR AFTER DISCHARGE?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
No, you won't get into trouble. However, your case will be dismissed. The time constraints actually refer to discharges, not filings. You must wait 8 years between discharges.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then please feel free to ask for clarification.

If the information that I provided is helpful, then please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!

DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that only an attorney licensed in your state is authorized to advise you in legal matters, and that the limitations of this setting may prevent your legal issues from being thoroughly addressed. Accordingly, please understand that (1) by answering your question(s) I am not acting as your attorney, (2) my answer(s) should be construed as general information only, and (3) our discussion is not an adequate substitute for an in-person consultation with an attorney.