Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

I just got your answer and received a conflicting answer from

I just got your answer and received a conflicting answer from a business lawyer here on just ask.

Again, I may have to dissolve my inc. because of an impending divorce with my husband who is the cfo. I just want to start a small inc. with little to no assets now while I can still get approved for credit card acceptance. It seems to me that waiting to do this after bankruptcy would only be harmful

What was his understanding?

I am a bankruptcy attorney in NY and do not see why you forming a LLC now, when it has no assets hurt you.

The bankruptcy court would want to take all your assets, and they would take the LLC if it has any value, but if you just formed it their would be little value.

If you put in significant amounts of money to the new LLC, than I could see that as a problem,

This makes sense to me.. I just want to establish a bank account, a name and start a very small bussiness for myself. The original inc will have to go since my partner and I are divorcing and it will be a mess. thanks so much.. I may retain you.