Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

I currently am ceo of an inc and my husband cfo. We are divorcing

I currently am ceo of an inc and my husband cfo. We are divorcing and will probably disolve or file for bankruptcy on our current corp.
I want to file for a new LLC and start my own business.

QUESTION; Can I do this while filing for a bankruptcy or dissolution of my current corp?

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

You can create a new LLC at any time, the only problem you may have is that any income, assets of the new corporation would have to be included in your bankruptcy filing.

If you just want to incorporate a new LLC, and do not plan to have significant assets, it will not be an issue.

The dissolution or status of your previous LLC is not an issue.