WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

I currently am ceo of an inc and my husband cfo. We are divorcing

I currently am ceo of an inc and my husband cfo. We are divorcing and will probably disolve or file for bankruptcy on our current corp.
I want to file for a new LLC and start my own business.

QUESTION; Can I do this while filing for a bankruptcy or dissolution of my current corp?

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

WALLSTREETESQ :

You can create a new LLC at any time, the only problem you may have is that any income, assets of the new corporation would have to be included in your bankruptcy filing.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you just want to incorporate a new LLC, and do not plan to have significant assets, it will not be an issue.

WALLSTREETESQ :

The dissolution or status of your previous LLC is not an issue.