lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
15417118

I am a real estate appraisal in the State of Ohio. I am being

Customer Question

I am a real estate appraisal in the State of Ohio. I am being sued for negligent misrepresentation. The law suit states that the plaintiffs are not pursuing this action against the Defendants in order to obtain or execute upon a personal judgement against defendants or their assets, but to adjudicate their liability, which is not extinguished in bankruptcy proceedings, as upon information and belief, Defendants carried professional liablity or other insurance that insures Defendants for the losses sustained by Plaintiffs. I filed bankruptcy January, 2010. The appraisal was performed January 25, 2007 and March 15, 2007. Can they filed a claim against me personally? I am with a new insurance carrier that don't cover prior acts claims. Count ones states " Plaintiffs do not seek a personal monetary judgment against Defendants due to the bankruptcy; And Any such further relief in law or in equity that this Court deems proper and just."
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

The insurance company that covered you in 2007 should handle the case. You need to contact them.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. Appraisal insurance don't pay for prior acts claims if you are not currently cover with them. Please read the entire question. My question pertain to the bankruptcy law.
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
I will opt out and transfer you to the BK section.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can anyone answer this question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
The expert was going to request a bankruptcy expert which I have not heard from. He could not answer the question.