Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

Is there anything that can be done to a person owning a business

Is there anything that can be done to a person owning a business that is declaring bankruptcy but is starting a new business of the same type in another persons name?

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am not your lawyer and do not represent you, I will endeavor to provide you with legal information through this open and nonconfidential forum.

is there any co-mingling of the assets between the businesses?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What do you mean about co-mingling of assests
Were any of the assets of the bankrupt business transferred to the new business?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will have to check on that. I do know that the files at the first office was taken to the new office and one employee was named as the new owner of the new office.http://www.justanswer.com/loc/en/img/buttons/replytoexpertgrey_off.gif
I see.

You can inform the bankruptcy trustee that the person is starting a new business and that you are uncertain whether assets have been transferred to the new business from the bankrupt business. The trustee will typically investigate the situation and recover any transfers