Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

Hello I was wondering how a person would find out who all

Hello I was wondering how a person would find out who all he owed when my records were lost in a fire. I have 3 judgements against me also but not sure who they are. I wouldn"t want to not include everyone if I file bankrupsty. Also all of my debts are in my name and not my wife"s. We own 10 acre"s and a old mobile home that is in both our names. Its not worth much but can my debters get it. Thankyou Dave
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 5 years ago.

Terry L. :

Hi and thank you for your question. In the future, you can request me to answer any further questions.

Terry L. :

First of all, you should list down all debts on the bankruptcy case. You can choose which debts you wish to pay back on your statement of intention.

Terry L. :

You need to list all cases pending in the year leading up to the case.

Terry L. :

This information can all be found on your credit report.

Terry L. :

Also, you can search your name at the local court house to see what claims may have been filed against you.

Terry L. :

bankruptcy exemptions can be found here: http://www.thebankruptcysite.org/exemptions/missouri.html

Terry L. :

you should review them with your local bankruptcy attorney (most offer free consults) to see which chapter would be best for you to file under.

Terry L. :

thank you for your question, good luck.