Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

I am trying not to file for bankruptcy only because I heard

I am trying not to file for bankruptcy only because I heard a person is forever scarred for it. By getting higher rates, looked at in a different way. My credit was very good at one time. I don't know what my score is now. But what I am interested in is finding other ways to bankruptcies and still able to pay bills. Do you have any ideas? Thank you for your time.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am not your lawyer and do not represent you, I will endeavor to provide you with legal information through this open and nonconfidential forum.

I disagree that a person is forever scarred by a filing a chapter 7 bankruptcy. A chapter 7 bankruptcy discharges/erases all unsecured debt. This typically allows a debtor to rebuild credit within 2 years of discharge