WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

My brother has received a civil judgment against me and I dont

Customer Question

My brother has received a civil judgment against me and I don't want to pay it because I don't really owe it to him. He is a jailhouse lawyer and pursuing me endlessly because of a personal vendetta. I have decided to let my house go into foreclosure and let me car go into repossession, etc. Will I be able to wipe everything out with chapter 7 bk?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

WALLSTREETESQ :

A bankruptcy would discharge you of all debts and judgments, except for student loan debts or child support.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Even if he has a judgment it is not guaranteed that the collections agency can take your car or home, so the judgment should not be the reason you file bankruptcy.

WALLSTREETESQ :

In fact you can change the deed and the title of the car to another name to avoid collections.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask if not please press the accept buton so we can receive credit.