WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

hello, i am following up on something. i had asked previously

hello, i am following up on something. i had asked previously about fees to come out for dismissing a chapter 13 voluntarily. I believe we discussed 8% of total debt taken in. roughly 300 give or take. i just called to find out about my refund and was told i'd get 2046 out of 3800, that the attorney gets
half of the 3500 he would have gotten had it went 5 years. i wasn't even confirmed yet. 1700! where did i miss this at?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

Customer :

hello

WALLSTREETESQ :

hello

WALLSTREETESQ :

I am reading your question again.

WALLSTREETESQ :

So they are claiming your chapter 13 attorney is getting 50% of his fee?

Customer :

yes

WALLSTREETESQ :

You did not pay your attorney up front?

Customer :

i paid to start the bk yes 314. was not billed our asked for anything else

Customer :

he must of been to be paid out of the plan. but it never got anywhere. i dismissed it.

WALLSTREETESQ :

The trustee can pay your attorney, however the fee is fairly high for a case that was dismissed so soon. You would have to take this up with your attorney.

Customer :

wow, i'm freaking out here. yes i emailed him. i just wondered what i missed i thought i had asked a fairly straight on question about what fees were entitled so i could make arrangements with some creditors who were calling so soon.

Customer :

his office said nothing about 8% of anything. nor attorney fees being half

Customer :

i would never had dismissed and been out this money if i was told this.

WALLSTREETESQ :

He should have stated this as it is very significant, you should review your retainer agreement with him, and contact the bar association if this is not resolved in your favor, if he gets a bar complaint he may give you some of the money back.