Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Our Condo HOA is paying for 9 units fees that are unsold by

Our Condo HOA is paying for 9 units fees that are unsold by the builder who has filed chap 7, may become 13 in Wash State, Does the bank foreclosing become responsible for the dues for those nine units once their foreclosed??
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Question: Our Condo HOA is paying for 9 units fees that are unsold by the builder who has filed chap 7, may become 13 in Wash State, Does the bank foreclosing become responsible for the dues for those nine units once their foreclosed??

Response: Yes, however the bank would most often push that responsibility to new purchasers of the property.