Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

what certificate do I need before filing for bankruptcy in

what certificate do I need before filing for bankruptcy in Florida? I have resided here for 21 years but will be moving to Georgia next month. Will I be allowed to move? I will pay but I only pay with PayPal and I cannot see your payment options. I would not want you to answer my question and then I cannot pay you because you only take credit cards. thank you

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney here to assist you.

You must pass the means test, which was implemented by the 2005 amendments. Here's an article on that:

You must also have a certificate of credit counseling. The court or your attorney can help you find a local program that you can apply for.

Also, there's nothing against the law about filing bankruptcy and then moving to another state. However, it may be problematic in terms of showing up to court for hearings, creditor meetings, etc. because of the distance you may have to travel.