Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

mers assign mortage after bank already started with foreclouser

Customer Question

mers assign mortage after bank already started with foreclouser had tofile chapter 7 to slow it down what to do now thank you
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 5 years ago.

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

If you cannot afford the mortgage, the chapter 7 will stop a foreclosure and discharge the liability you will have on any mortgage deficiency.

If you can pay the monthly mortgage, but are behind several months, you can convert to a chapter 13 bankruptcy and the Court would force the bank to accept a 60 month payment plan for the arrears however you would have to pay the current monthly mortgage.