Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

I have filed for chapter 13. I used an online service to try

Customer Question

I have filed for chapter 13. I used an online service to try and save money. I intend to repay all of my creditors. I am trying to fill out the Chapter 13 Plan. After paying my secured debts, there is no money left to pay any other creditors. Is it possible to switch over to a chapter 7 at this point? If I do switch to a chapter 7 and continue to pay my secured debts, with the intent of restablishing with other creditors at a later time when my income resumes to a normal status, may I still keep my secured belongings ( car & home)?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 5 years ago.
Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

What is your chapter 13 plan? Does your income qualify for a chapter 7?