I declared Ch 7 in CO, the debts have been discharged, and I have some assets, a trial due for settlement, upon which the trustee
has made a claim. Suffice it to say that the assets will be available in a year or two.
In the meantime I have a Proof of Claim
form B10 (Official Form 10) sent to me by the trustee and I have some Q’s.
First of all, is this a mandatory form and will there be penalties to me if I do not file it?
Is this a standard issue post-discharge form or is it specific to my “assets” scenario?
2) The form names me under “name of creditor (the person or other entity to whom the debtor owes money or property)” so I infer that I am paying a sum of money to myself, is this correct?
3) I do not have the Court Claim Number, what is this and when is it assigned?
4) Then it says “name and address where payment should be sent if different from above” (my name and address), is this technical jargon explaining my paying the estate when settlement arrives?
5) Then, “check this box if you are aware that anyone else has filed a proof of claim relating to your proof of claim, attach copy of statement giving particulars.” (I have no such papers here, the trustee would be the only one to file a proof of claim, for the assets, if anyone.) Or is he exempt from this possibility given his title?
a) amount of claim
as of date case filed:
then b) amount of claim is requested also in the next column:
Amount of Claim Entitled to Priority under 11 U.S.C §507(a)If any portion of your claim falls in one of the following categories…. What amount are they asking the value of the assets or the value of my debt, and if assets then does this or does it not include the trustees commission?
Amount entitled to priority: I don’t see where this pertains.
6) basis for claim: this would be a code
from bankruptcy rules
7) Secured claim : no liens means NA?
8) credits: do I have to write a number here?
9)Documents: these documents would pertain when?
Thank you I have a little tip and a great review for you.