JoeLawyer
JoeLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in the practice of Bankruptcy Law since 1996
2990824

wat to do wen on the verg of losing our family farm do bankrup

Customer Question

wat to do wen on the verg of losing our family farm do bankrup and would have sumone to re finance but fsa is involed
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m the Legal Category Moderator for JustAnswer. My job is to assist customers with pending questions for the Legal Experts here at JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

Regards,

Fran
Moderator, JustAnswer

Expert:  JoeLawyer replied 3 years ago.
Either Chapter 12 bankruptcy or Chapter 13 bankruptcy may help you out. They both allow you to cure whatever mortgage payments are behind over a 3 to 5 year period, during which time you make payments into a Plan, and make the creditor (even the FSA) treat you as if you are current as long as you pay the Plan payment (catching up the mortgage) and pay the current mortgage payments as they come due.

Chapter 12 and Chapter 13 also let you get rid of most or all of your unsecured debt (credit cards, medical bills, etc) to help you out.

I strongly suggest you meet with a bankruptcy attorney in your area. Many of them offer free consultations.

Hope this helps,
Joe

LEGAL NOTICE: I am only licensed to practice law in certain state(s) and I cannot give legal advice to someone who does not reside in a state in which I am licensed, nor shall anything I say in the above answer or elsewhere on this site be deemed legal advice, even to someone who resides in a state in which I am licensed. Fees I receive for answering questions are paid for information, not for legal advice. This forum is designed to provide general information only, and information herein is not warranted to be correct or applicable in any way since laws may have been misinterpreted herein, since laws change from time to time, and since the impact of those laws on any particular situation varies. The information presented in this site shall not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of an attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek independent legal counsel in their jurisdiction for guidance regarding their individual circumstances. Do not take any action or inaction based on information presented herein since it is informational and may not be accurate or applicable to you; it merely attempts to give you a basis of knowledge to help you formulate questions to ask a legal or other professional in a face-to-face meeting in your jurisdiction. Joseph Ross does not hold himself out to be a specialist or expert in any area, regardless of assertions made by any third party, and any implication of being an expert or specialist herein is made in error. I hope the information presented above is useful to you. Answer above is (c) Joseph Ross. All rights reserved.