Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Hello, I have resolved the issue above. I have decided to

Hello, I have resolved the issue above. I have decided to declare bankruptcy in the southern district of California. My file is very straight forward so I am trying to file this myself without counsel and I do pass the means the test ( I make very little money). My specific question is for a credit card that shows as a collection on my credit card and has been assigned to a collection attorney who has filed suit, who do I list of schedule F for unsecured non priority creditors - the collection attorney who filed or the plaintiff? As of now, they filed for an entry of a clerk's judgment for a default judgment, I have not responded to the complaint but intend to discharge the debt in my chapter 7. Thank you.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Question: Hello, I have resolved the issue above. I have decided to declare bankruptcy in the southern district of California. My file is very straight forward so I am trying to file this myself without counsel and I do pass the means the test ( I make very little money). My specific question is for a credit card that shows as a collection on my credit card and has been assigned to a collection attorney who has filed suit, who do I list of schedule F for unsecured non priority creditors - the collection attorney who filed or the plaintiff? As of now, they filed for an entry of a clerk's judgment for a default judgment, I have not responded to the complaint but intend to discharge the debt in my chapter 7. Thank you.

Response: You need to list original creditor's address and account number if you still have it. You also need to list the name and address of the collection attorney, any reference number and account number. You only need to put dollar amount for either the original creditor or the collection law firm to avoid duplicating the amount. On the comment section, reference both accounts: Collection agency for (insert name of creditor) or original creditor (insert name of creditor). Finally, you need to list the information about the lawsuit on the Statement of Affairs Item #4.