Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

Im being sued under contract law but find that I nay need

I'm being sued under contract law but find that I nay need to file chapter 7 bankruptcy due to overwhelming financial strain. Even though this case hasn't come to trail and is still in the discovery phase, can or should I include this if I need to file bankruptcy

Terry L. :

Hi and thank you for your question. In the future, you can request me to answer any further questions.

Terry L. :

You would list this claim in the case, and should be dischargeable unless they object for fraud or something similar.

Terry L. :

The case would stop due to the bankruptcy filing.

Terry L. :

You would aways list down any debt that you owe, or that you would contingently owe. The debt would be discharged if it turned out you owed it this way. always list!!

Terry L. :

Thanks for your question, good luck

Customer :

Even if I file bankruptcy, do I continue with the trial?