Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

how long after bankruptcy does the bank or finance company

how long after bankruptcy does the bank or finance company have to recover surrendered items?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 5 years ago.
Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

Typically the creditor is required to provide you notice prior to take the surrendered items, usually 6 months to one year after the discharge, many times as the debtor you should contact the creditors to pick up the items. Either way the assets would be part of the bankruptcy estate, and if not picked up, the trustee could take possession and sell them to pay off the creditors.