Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My wife is filling bankruptcy on her own and will not talk

My wife is filling bankruptcy on her own and will not talk to me about it, says she has a lawyer and he claims it does not affect my credit and she does not need to tell me that she is filing. Is this True ?
What state are you in?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Arizona - she is filing chapter 7
Arizona is a community property state. This means that any debts incurred by either of you during the marriage is the obligation of the other. This is the case regardless of whether the debt was incurred individually or jointly. Thus, if your wife files bankruptcy, all debts will be discharged as to her, but you would still be legally responsible for all of these debts.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so it would be perfectly legal for a spouse to build up balances on credit cards then file for bankruptcy and dump all that responsibility to repay on there partner with the partner having no say in the process ?
Essentially, yes.