Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

We are to the point I am afraid we will have to find out about

Customer Question

We are to the point I am afraid we will have to find out about bankrupcy. What do we do??
Thank-You
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 6 years ago.

Terry L. :

Hi and thank you for your question. In the future, you can request me to answer any further questions.

Terry L. :

Your first step would be to set an appointment with a bankruptcy lawyer. Most offer free consultations.

Terry L. :

They will review your assets, the available exemptions where you live to protect those assets, as well as review your income and expenses to help qualify you for the correct chapter to file under.
Chapter 7 & Ch13.

Terry L. :

You should have your last 6 months of pay advices ready for your household, a list of your current monthly expenses, as well as a list of your current debts (a credit report is perfect).

Terry L. :

Bring these to your first meeting and the attorney can help explain the process to you

Terry L. :

do you have any questions?

Terry L. :

if you do have any other questions, please let me know. thanks for your questions, good luck.

JACUSTOMER-1xulg946- :

If I have any more Questions I will contact you. I'm sure I should have more questions.

Terry L. :

Sure thing. thanks