Hi and thank you for your question. In the future, you can request me to answer any further questions.
Sorry they are not helping yo!
You have a few options.
Send a copy of the written agreement to the credit bureau and dispute how they are reporting. It should read something like "Paying as agreed".
Read the terms of the deal, they may send statements with accruing interest etc, but that might be cleared once you complete the settlement. If you default, then the figures that are accruing would be the balance due.
You could sue them if you feel that they are violating the terms of the settlement contract.
Your final option is to file bankruptcy.
if you sue, you need to show how they breached the contract, and then show what your damages are. Then the court would decide if they did indeed breach the contract, and award damages.
This is feasible, but sounds time consuming and expensive for the court fees and the lawyer too
You may also want to consider going in to a local BofA branch to discuss.
If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks for your question, good luck.
The agreement was made directly with the Bank Of America and not through a 3rd party. The agreement letter states the debt would be settled in full and the account closed on the day of the last payment. It was not closed and the balance remained as if there was no agreement,
Yes, then you should consider the 3 options I provided.
do you have any questions about the options?
The account has been charged off now and with a collection agency, The Bank will not talk to me now.
Then your options are to sue or file bankruptcy if you can't get anywhere with them
I guess I need to take the document to a lawyer?
good luck, sorry they are not holding up their end of the deal.
Final idea, send a copy of the agreement and proof of all payments to the collection agency. This is a long shot.
Maybe talk to a local attorney who can call and see if they can get anywhere as well.
Done that copies of relevant bank Statement and copy of letter, The collection agency replied with they would terminte their interest. The another collection agency got involved, they continue to send letters of intent etc. I have sent them copies of letter etc but get no response . I will go to an attorney.
Thanks for your advice at least i know my options, limited and bankrupcy is out of the question.
yeah, its a circle that I've seen before unfortunately. Hopefully a judge can help by issuing some punitive damages!
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).