How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cfortunato Your Own Question
cfortunato, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 8023
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cfortunato is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I have to pay a part of my credit card bills in Chap 13

Customer Question

Do I have to pay a part of my credit card bills in Chap 13? I only have enough for house and living expenses.
What part of form Unsecured creditors do they go under?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

The unsecured credit card creditors get paid only if there is enough left over after paying the secured debts - such as the mortgage - and your living expenses. If there is nothing left over after these, the credit card creditors get nothing.

The credit card creditors are listed on Schedule F (Creditors Holding Unsecured Nonpriority Claims).


I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you!

cfortunato and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you