Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I filed chapter 7 in Colorado on Feb 2006. In the filing I

Customer Question

I filed chapter 7 in Colorado on Feb 2006. In the filing I included an amount owed to pinnacol assurance (workers comp) in the bankruptcy. The amount was approx 3000, now it is 7000 according to pinnacol. I now own a different business and trying to get worker comp through pinnacol. They are the only company that can write it due to the nature of my business. All I need to know is if this is legal for them to still go after this amount. Or should I just pay the balance? Thanks
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
If the debt was discharged through your bankruptcy, you no longer owe it. However, if it was not discharged, you could still be liable for the debt. You'll need to refer to your bankruptcy paperwork to find out whether this debt was discharged - or call your bankruptcy attorney about it.