Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

My debts have already been discharged under the 7. my second

My debts have already been discharged under the 7. my second mortgage holder is threatening foreclosure so I I filed a motion to convert to 13. If the court approves the motion will I have to negotiate with the creditors already discharged and if my financial situation improves significantly during the 5 year period, how will that affect my payment plan?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by JustAnswer.com and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open and nonconfidential forum.

If your chapter 7 bankruptcy is converted to a chapter 13 bankruptcy, the unsecured creditors that would have been discharged under a chapter 7 will need to be included in the chapter 13 payment plan