Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

I filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy and had my hearing, everything

I filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy and had my hearing, everything is good but my vehicle is to high that I want to keep. The Trustee said give me a offer, if he doesn't take the offer can I switch to chapter 13.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open and nonconfidential forum.

A chapter 7 debtor has the right to convert to a chapter 13 at any time. However typically a chapter 7 trustee will allow the debtor to buy out the trustee's interest in the vehicle pretty reasonably

Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year!