TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

If my husband files medical bankruptcy for medical bills that

If my husband files medical bankruptcy for medical bills that he had before we were married, will this in any way affect my good credit? He didn't have insurance at the time the bills were created due to being layed off from his job.

Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

I’m happy to say that your husband’s bankruptcy will not directly affect your credit in any way. There could be an indirect impact in the sense that if you wanted to get a loan, he may not be able to co-sign, etc.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then please feel free to ask for clarification.

If the information that I provided is helpful, then please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!

DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that only an attorney licensed in your state is authorized to advise you in legal matters, and that the limitations of this setting may prevent your legal issues from being thoroughly addressed. Accordingly, please understand that (1) by answering your question(s) I am not acting as your attorney, (2) my answer(s) should be construed as general information only, and (3) our discussion is not an adequate substitute for an in-person consultation with an attorney.