How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Girl Your Own Question
Law Girl
Law Girl, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 4606
Experience:  I am an attorney.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Law Girl is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was asked if I filed a tax return in 2009 and 2008. I said

This answer was rated:

I was asked if I filed a tax return in 2009 and 2008. I said "no."
I now remember that I did file a 1040 in 2008. What should I do?
This was not under oath but in filling out forms in the attorney's office with a paralegal a few days ago. The Chapter 7 litigation will not happen for at least a month.

Law Girl :

Thank you for your question. Although I am an attorney, I cannot represent you. However, I will give you the most thorough information I am able. Were you answering questions asked by your own attorney?

Customer :

filling out forms provided by a paralegal for my attorney

Law Girl :

Things like this happen all the time. You should get in contact with the office and mention the existence of this tax return. If you can locate a copy of it, you may offer to turn one over to your attorney.

Law Girl and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you