cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.

Hello, I just received a approved modification for my home.

Hello, I just received a approved modification for my home. I have a good rate and new payment plan. I plan to keep up with the new payments for as long as i can. I have to file for BK chapter 13. If I include the house could I still keep this new modification I just got approved for as long as i make good on the payments? Or will that change due to me including the home under chapter 13?

Hi Customer,

Filing a Bankruptcy (Chapter 13 or 7) will not have any affect on your modification payments. The mortgage payments can be included in the plan so payment would be sent by the Bankruptcy trustee, or (recommended) the payments can be made by you, so they are not included in the plan.