cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

can i file for backruptcy on certain bills or all my bills

can i file for backruptcy on certain bills or all my bills subject to bankruptcy i do not want to loose my mobike home I have Pagets disease. Lost job and cannot work. I have over 1500 in expenses each month but only receive 1200. have contacted the creditors but they will not work with me will have several going to collections and credit card-Chase has upped interest not sure how to proceed. One company HSBC I have pd over 10000 but principal has only gone down 800. They woukd not even discuss situation.
My health includes 3 surgeries, at the hospital I am indigant but not with the surgeons or other drs. Need some kind of direction here. please
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.

Hi Customer,

When you file a Bankruptcy, you can continue to pay any creditors that you want - including the one for your mobile home. You would have to include the name of the creditor for the mobile home on the Bankruptcy petition, but if you want to keep the home, you would continue to pay that lender, but none of your other creditors.

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Do I really need a lawyer to do a bankruptsy not all the bills from the hospital or doctors have come thru I know that the 1 surgery is 3200 that inc. ER and the biopsy. Still indigent at hospital but for the drs--they knew I have no money to pay hate to file bankruptsy have always paid my bills thanks to a rare form of cancer I have no choice can creditors go after my kids to pay what I owe? Before I even got to ask ??? the lawyer told me his charges--can't pay them. 2 of them would not even talk to me.

Really lost on this jenise

Expert:  cfortunato replied 5 years ago.

You do not need an attorney to file a Bankruptcy - you can do it on your own. You can download the forms and instructions from your Bankruptcy court's website.

Your creditors cannot go after you children.