Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

i have a creditor 341 hearing on dec 13 - it has been continued

i have a creditor 341 hearing on dec 13 -= it has been continued from before due to a family emergency. If I ask for another extension and it goes into January will i need to give the trustee my tax refund for 2010? Or did that just apply to the 09 when i filed the original bankruptcy?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open and nonconfidential forum.

Since you filed your bankruptcy petition in 2009, your tax refund pertaining to the 2010 tax year would not be an asset in your current chapter 7 case. Therefore you would not be required to surrender a tax refund pertaining to the 2010 tax year

I hope that it helps to know this information

Thank you in advance for remembering to click accept. If you experience difficulty using the accept button, please let me know as JustAnswer pays me for my time only if the "accept" registers.