Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

What form do I use in Colorado to file a request to get a loan

What form do I use in Colorado to file a request to get a loan modification on my mortgage. Filed CH7
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by JustAnswer.com and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open and nonconfidential forum.

When was your chapter 7 bankruptcy discharged? How far behind are you on the mortgage payments?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

2 payments

Nov 2010

Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

You will need to contact the lender directly to request a mortgage modification. They will provide you with a specific forms that you will need to complete.

The first thing to be aware of is that a lender is not going to modify a fully performing loan. You will typically need to be at least 90 days behind before they will discuss modification. They will only modify to mitigate their risk . As long as you are paying or near up to date, they have no incentive to modify
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I did the modification forms for the HAMP program. I keep getting the run around with them. They told me they need a court permission to do the modification. Which is why I was confused. Thanks, K

Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
Is your chapter 7 bankruptcy still open? If so you will need to wait until you receive your discharge to complete the modification
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Both Bankruptcys have now been discharged. I keep getting the run around beacuse I am pro se. Oh well I will keep at it.