Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

We will be filing personal and business bankruptcy. Savings,

We will be filing personal and business bankruptcy. Savings, 401K are gone. ~150K in credit card debt. Even after debt is discharged we still have about 12K in back taxes which, as I understand it, won't be discharged, and a further 60K in loans from family which we are obligated to pay (unemployed for 12 mo., under earning before that.)

Obviously we need income to keep the house and the car as we have no way of paying for them even after filing bankruptcy. I have been interviewing for jobs in the 200K range. If I land a job, how can I protect the income from going to creditors? Are there timing considerations re: when to file bankruptcy, accepting a job, starting work, etc?
If you file Chapter 7 bankruptcy, any income you make AFTER the filing is not subject to creditors. Thus, there's nothing to worry about in this regard.