Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

We were creditors in nondischargeable debt case. After 5 years

We were creditors in nondischargeable debt case. After 5 years of being given the run-around by debtors/defendants and never receiving a judgment, judge in bankruptcy case said defendants "breached the contract" however the court finds that the breach does not make the obligation owed to us non dischargeable. Finally breach of contract has at least been determined in a court of law. What do we do next?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 5 years ago.

Terry L. :

Hi and thank you for your question. In the future, you can request me to answer any further questions.

Terry L. :

IF you were scheduled in the bankruptcy, and you filed an adversary, but the judge declared the debt - dischargeable, then that is it, the debt is discharged in the case and you can not collect anything. Your only option is to take a tax write-off for the loss. Any further court action or attempts to collect are barred by the bankruptcy discharge.

Terry L. :

Thank you and good luck, wish I had more positive options for you.