Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

Can you please refer me to an attorney for Banruptcy to stop

Can you please refer me to an attorney for Banruptcy to stop trustee sale scheduled for DEC 1st please? Is it even possible to stop trustee sale with such short notice?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open and nonconfidential forum.

A Chapter 13 bankruptcy would immediately stop the foreclosure action. It could permit you to set up a plan to reinstate your mortgage arrearages. In other words, it could allow you to pay the arrearage over a 5 year period.

It would be best to retain an attorney. If you cannot, you will want to purchase the forms on line and file them yourself prior to the sale. After you file the petition, you will need to notify the plaintiff.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.