Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

Im preparing to file Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in AZ. Ive been

I'm preparing to file Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in AZ. I've been advised I have excess equity in my current vehicle. I'm thinking about trading the vehicle for another, extending the contract out for 72 months, reducing my equity as well as monthly payments. Will this action adversely affect the Bankrupcty when we file in the next 60 days?

So sorry to hear of your dilemna. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information on this open and nonconfidential forum.

You are describing a very common form of bankruptcy planning. Provided you are truthful on your financing statement to obtain the loan for the new vehicle, there should be no adverse effect on your bankruptcy

I hope that this helps.

Thank you in advance for remembering to click accept. If you experience difficulty using the accept button, please let me know as JustAnswer pays me for my time only if the "accept" registers.