cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.

I filed bankruptcy, and recently had my hearing, and no creditirs

I filed bankruptcy, and recently had my hearing, and no creditirs showed up, including Wells Fargo which holds my mortgage. I just got some paperwork from WF wanting the court to lift the stay...I have already surrendered my home in the bankruptcy, but the Movant has an itemized list which also includes property inspection, Corporate advance, Bankruptcy Atty fee, Bankruptcy filing fee which were added tp my total delinquencies.
Will these also be discharged, or am I responsible for these items since they were filed after the coust appearance?
It was also stated I had two weeks to respond...what am I responding to?
Thanks for your time
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 5 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

All the additional fees will be discharged along with the mortgage. In most cases, when a creditor is listed on the petition, all debts for that creditor are discharged - even if the additional debts were incurred after the Bankruptcy was filed. If it were any other way, debtors would never be completely debt-free after a Bankruptcy.

Since you are surrendering your house, there is no reason to oppose the Motion to Lift the Automatic Stay, and it is not necessary to respond.