Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I am a Veteran on 100% disability... does the VA money fall

I am a Veteran on 100% disability... does the VA money fall into the means test for bankruptcy... and can that money be withdrawn from my bank.. as its suppose to only be
protected with the only accept ion of the Federal Government according to the VA.

Terry L. :

Hi and thank you for your question. In the future, you can request me to answer any further questions.

Terry L. :

For the means test calculation, only income derived from the social security act is excluded from the means test.

Terry L. :

So, only social security benefits are not income for the means test.

Terry L. :

Disability has been ruled a substitute for income, and would be included in the means test calc.

Terry L. :

you can withdraw the money from the bank to use as you see fit for your monthly expenses.

Terry L. :

I don't quite understand the 2nd part of the question, if there is one, please reply and I'll be happy to answer.
Thanks for your question, good luck to you.