Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bur 15yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar

I am filing my own bankruptcy chapter 7 already had 341 meeting

I am filing my own bankruptcy chapter 7 already had 341 meeting need to amend and add some creditors to my schedule F. I have added a new page and indicated AMENDED on a new set of schedule, and renumbered the pages is that all I need to do? I also re-totaled the last page to include the additional debt.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 3 years ago.

Terry L. :

Hi and thank you for your question. In the future, you can request me to answer any further questions.

Terry L. :

Yes, file a amended F listing all of the new debts.

Terry L. :

The court will charge $26 to amend.

Terry L. :

You should send notice of filing (copy of the schedule and the bankruptcy notice to each creditor you are adding on as well.

Terry L. :

That is all you have to do.

Terry L. :

Thanks for your question, good luck.

Customer:

I just wrote amended on the first page and renumbered the bottom pages since I added a page, I initialed the bottom where I changed the page numbers is that okay?

Terry L. :

yeah thats fine.

Terry L. :

any other questions?

Customer:

do I need to type out a new page of list of creditors showing their names, addresses and recopy the list and attach it as if a total new Schedule F?

Terry L. :

I just list the new ones with AMENDED SCHEDULE F at the top. I don't relist the ones I've already filed

Customer:

my deadline date is Dec 16 so as long as I am within 30 days I am okay right?

Terry L. :

yes

Customer:

How am I notified of my court date for discharge?

Terry L. :

The 341 notice you have indicates the last day for objections.

Terry L. :

the discharge is usually right after that

Customer:

But I have to go to court right?

Terry L. :

you went to the 341 hearing right?

Customer:

yes

Terry L. :

that is all you need to attend in ch7 unless a motion is filed.

Customer:

so I will just get notified of the discharge when it goes through, how long after the deadline does it take place?

Terry L. :

just a day or two

Customer:

how do i know what was discharged? I am getting a divorce and there are things ie. property taxes that won't be allowed I am sure how do I get a quick copy of the bk discharge

Terry L. :

you will receive the discharge notice by mail from the court

Customer:

my divorce is scheduled for Dec 22 what if I don't get it in the mail,.. is it online or can I go to the courthouse and get a copy

Terry L. :

yes, both. You would need to subscribe to PACER though to get it and pay the fee to access ti

Terry L. :

it

Terry L. :

any last questions?

Customer:

thanks for the help.. this has been an experience to say the least

Terry L., Attorney
Experience: Better Business Bur 15yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar