WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

I filed bankruptcy and received my discharge. Several months

I filed bankruptcy and received my discharge. Several months have gone by and I now find out that a customer has sent me a credit on my charge card, which is now closed. The credit card issuer kept the credit and applied it toward what I had owed. It refuses to send me or return the funds and has deducted that amount from what is owed, even though the discharge has been issued. How do I get the funds from the credit card issuer? Can it keep the credit?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification.

The debt was discharged, meaning that they cannot take any money to pay a debt that you no longer owed them, you can notify the trustee in writing about their actions or file a motion in bankruptcy court to force the credit card company to send you the credit, and for sanctions.