Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

WE HAVE FILED A CHAPTER 7. WE CANNOT FILE A 13. WE ARE LIVING

WE HAVE FILED A CHAPTER 7. WE CANNOT FILE A 13. WE ARE LIVING ON OUR SOCIAL SECIRIETY AND MONEY FROM OIL ROYALTIES.THE JUDGE HAS SAID THE ROYALTIES ARE A ASSET . A HOLD HAS BEEN PLACED ON THEM. WITHOUT THAT WE CANNOT PAY OUR UTILITIES AND OTHER BILLS.wHAT RECOURSE DO WE HAVE?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

So sorry to hear of your dilemna. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information on this open and nonconfidential forum.

What is the reason you cannot convert to a chapter 13?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

WE WERE TO FILE A 7 BUT THE ATTORNEY ACCIDENTLY FILED A 13 , NOW WERE HAVE FILED THE 7 AND CANNOT GO BACK TO THE 13.

Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your information.

Unfortunately you do not have the right to convert to a chapter 13 due to your attorneys error. Your only options are to file a motion requesting court approval to convert to a chapter 13 or to dismiss your chapter 7 or allow the trustee to attach the royalties

so sorry