Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

Can you help me get rid of a car title loan of $2500

Customer Question

Can you help me get rid of a car title loan of $2500?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

So sorry to hear of your dilemna. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information on this open and nonconfidential forum.

Why are you having difficulty paying the loan? Do you have a lot of outstanding credit card debt? Please explain your situation so I can try to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not have a lot of credit card debt, perhaps 3-5k. My biggest debt is student loans and back taxes. My car title loan is on a 2009 Mercedes Benz. I have considered filing bankruptcy, however I could not afford the fee and did not know if I could include this debt as creditors may require me to sell car to pay outstanding debts.
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately I do not see a solution. I will opt out without charge to you so that another expert can assist you. Please do not respond as it may delay your answer