cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.

I am a self employed courrier who has three other independent

I am a self employed courrier who has three other independent contractors that work for me. I do the same services for the same customer every week and receive the same pay. Recently we have lost over a third of our revenue and that has made meeting my personal financial obligations difficult... extremely difficult. My only cost are what I pay other drivers
and fuel and matinence, insurance and licenses. I am considering filing chapter 13 what do I need to present to file?

Hi Customer,

Is the Chapter 13 for the business or for you personally?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
For Me

You would have to present paystubs for the past 2 months. If no paystubs, you can file an affidavit instead - attesting to the amount of money you make. If no paystubs, you will also have to submit all bank statements - personal and business - for the past 6 months.

You also have to submit income tax returns - personal and business - for the past 2 years.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What about profit and loss statements I have been told that I will need to present them as well
If you are filing a personal Bankruptcy, you do not have to submit profit and loss statements - you only have to indicate the total net income (profit) from the business on Schedule I (Current Income), and you may - depending on the particular Bankruptcy trustee - have to submit 6 months of business bank statements.