cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.

With my current job, I do alot of traveling. I pay all of

With my current job, I do alot of traveling. I pay all of my own expenses- the only items that I get "dollar for dollar" reimbursment are hotels and tools. I also get a per diem. I get paid a good rate for mileage & they also pay me my regular hourly rate when I drive somewhere. Well, with the extensive traveling I do I end up making out pretty good with the "expense check" which is seperate from my regualr pay. I do have to use my own vehicle, so I understand the mileage money is to pay for repairs, car payment ins, etc etc. My automobile is paid for and I usually come out ahead with my expenses. Sometimes the expense checks are as much as my regular pay & I actually could do quite well with that alone. With all that being said, is that something they are going to use towards the income for the chapter 7? Because it also includes an hourly rate for travel time. Then I get my regular paycheck the next day for when I am actually on a job site doing work. Thanks again.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

You would have to include the expense check in your income (Schedule I - Current Income), and then include all out-of-pocket expenses in your expenses (Schedule J - Current Expenditures).

In other words, the difference between what you receive and what you spend would end up being a part of your income for a Bankruptcy filing.