Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

I filed bankruptcy in August of 2010 and had my meeting in

I filed bankruptcy in August of 2010 and had my 341 meeting on September 14 (341 meeting for Chapter 7)-no asset-straight bankruptcy.     I bought a vehicle from a buy here pay here lot on August 28, 2010. My discharge will be effective Nov. 13. Can I add the vehicle to the bk??

So sorry to hear of your dilemna. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information on this open and nonconfidential forum.

Unfortunately only debts incurred prior to filing the petition are dischargeable in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Therefore if you purchased the vehicle after filing the petition, you cannot discharge your personal liability on the debt.

Sorry