Law Girl
Law Girl, Attorney
Experience:  I am an attorney.

I filed Chapter 13 in 2003 in NY and received a discharge in

I filed Chapter 13 in 2003 in NY and received a discharge in 2005, would it be possible to file again? My home is in foreclosure and I was recently denied a modification and my attempts at a repayment plan has been totally unsuccessful with the bank even though I was told otherwise. I feel the way to become current is to file bankruptcy to force the bank to honor a repayment plan.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Girl replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Generally, you can file for bankruptcy at any point after two years from the discharge of your Chapter 13.

Please let me know if you have any other questions on this matter or require clarification. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT" so I may receive credit for my efforts.

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me with beginning your question with "For LawGirl..."