Brent Blanchard
Brent Blanchard, Bankruptcy Attorney
Experience:  Twelve years experience in all aspects of debtor & creditor BK.

I am filing for bankruptcy. I am listing my creditors. Do I

I am filing for bankruptcy. I am listing my creditors. Do I list my bank, phone, insurance and others that I want to continue working with?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Brent Blanchard replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Brent Blanchard :

Thank you for your question.

Customer :

I have signed up for the 30 days of all the questions I want to ask for $30

Brent Blanchard :

Part of the "price" a Debtor in bankruptcy "pays" to get relief from creditors is full financial disclosure. All assets, all creditors, all debts, and so forth. The decision(s) on whether to keep a debt from being discharged is/are made separately, usually on the "Statement of Intentions", and/or a separate filing called a "re-affirmation agreement".

Brent Blanchard :

My understanding of the subscription agreements is that Customers are flat-rate billed, but should still click the green "Accept" button for each question for which they want the Expert to receive credit. No additional funds will be charged to the Customer's account, and the Expert(s) receive appropriate credit for their work.

Brent Blanchard :

The BK Schedules do distinguish between contractual debts, and monthly expenses. Insurance for the car or the house, for example, is almost always a budget expense, not a debt (we don't add up the monthly payments through the end of the policy period and call them a "debt", because the service can be canceled at any time with minimal consequences).

Customer :